Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Tao of the scythe

Today I scythed out my "west pasture." I have run a couple of posts on this subject already, and have been wondering how to take pictures of myself mowing. It is very difficult to take a picture of oneself mowing, even with the camera on self-timer on a tripod. The pictures are perforce posed. If one has an assistant, that's a different story. But I don't. So what to do? As usual the Internet comes to the rescue. Let me point you to a Czech website. Here we see a very young lady mowing a meadow. If she can do it, you certainly can. It is no effort at all, really. Like Tai Chi. Very Zen. There are also lots of videos on YouTube, but I don't quote them for you, because they use Flash 10. That stuff is spyware. But if you don't object to that, then search on "scythe" and you will find lots of videos. The website above is worth your attention. If you don't speak Czech (and I don't) do not worry. There is a parallel English version for everything. And tune in to the scytherspace blog. Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment